Categories
Uncategorized

High CPU usage by Google Drive

I’ve been noticing high CPU (20% and higher) by multiple google drive processes on an RDS Server. Killing Google Drive on the server did not fix the issue.

After further investigation it appeared that the users on the RDS server had Google Drive auto started but couldn’t use it as the screen would never show up to login. I’m guessing Google drive got into some weird loop or so. For each user on their desktop I went to the Settings > “Startup Apps” settings and disabled the auto start of Google Drive. This solved the issue all together.

The multiple high CPU processes created by Google Drive disappeared. This makes sense as I did not see just one Google Drive instance but multiples.

Leave a Reply